SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you buy something from our store, we collect personal information such as your name, address, and email address as part of the purchasing and selling process.
- We acquire your computer's internet protocol (IP) address when you browse our store in order to supply us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): We may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates if you give us permission.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
- How are you going to gain my permission?
When you give us personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for delivery, or return an item, we take it as a given that you consent to us collecting and using it for that precise reason alone.
If we need your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will either ask for your explicit approval or give you the option to say no.
- How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind after you opt-in, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continuing collection, use, or dissemination of your information.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
If we are obliged by law to do so or if you breach our Terms of Service, we may release your personal information.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Shopify Inc. hosts our online store. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform via which we may sell our goods and services to you.
Shopify's data storage, databases, and the Shopify application store your information. They keep your information on a secure server protected by a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Read Shopify's Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) and Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy) for more information.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- In general, the third-party providers we hire will only collect, use, and disclose your information as needed to execute the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
- We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or deleted.
- Your credit card information is protected using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and saved with AES-256 encryption if you offer it to us. We respect all PCI-DSS regulations and apply extra generally acknowledged industry standards, despite the fact that no mode of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely safe.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
- The cookies we utilize are listed below. We've compiled a list of them so you can decide whether or not to accept cookies.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - CONSENT AGE
You represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and have given us your agreement to allow any of your minor dependents to access this site by using this site.
Your information may be passed to the new owners if our business is sold or merged with another firm so that we can continue to sell things to you.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS
If you would like to: access, update, change, or delete any personal information we hold about you, file a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.